Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let it rain, Let it pour...

With the exception of last night's Christmas shopping adventure, where I think I spent 2 and a half hours eating and drinking at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill, it's been a successful first week.  We'll see how much of a downside last night had when I step onto the scale Tuesday morning.

I ran Saturday - Tuesday, had PT on Wednesday, and will be going out for a run as soon as I leave my work desk and head home.  Work has been the one downside to the last few weeks.  The amount of stress has been overwhelming.  It's been a struggle trying to keep my team motiviated during a very hectic time, and it's definitely wearing on me.  Running is my outlet.  My chance to forget all about the pile of work waiting for me each morning. 

It's good to get out and run with either my friend, Damien or my dog, Jake.  Sometimes, though, it's nice to just be out there on my own with nothing and just disappear into some music (more likely than not 3 Doors Down - surprise!).  Tonight it looks like Jake and I might be getting a little wet and the ipod can stay at home.

I really appreciate all the postive responses I received from my first entry.  I hope I don't disappoint over the next few months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment