Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Operation Me

Here I am writing my first official blog, a motivational tool that I need to be accountable.  April 18th of this year I completed my first Boston Marathon in 4 hours and 32 minutes, two minutes over my goal.  Within days I was motivated to run the marathon a second time and take 17 minutes off my time.  After battling some injury I quickly lost that motivation.  I exercised less and started eating without any real discipline.  

In October I was selected to run my second marathon with Tedy's Team (A special thanks to Zack Blackburn, Tedy and Heidi Bruschi, and the ASA for selecting me for my sophomore season), but still the motivation was lacking.  The official training season started on December 3rd and now, there I was 15 pounds heavier - a shameful breaking point.

I've always been self conscious about letting others know my weight (I blame size "husky" from my childhood) and I've never been someone that had a whole lot of faith in myself, but today I'm putting it all out there.  Today I'm setting goals that some feel are unattainable, and yes they maybe a stretch, but it's the motivation I need to bust my butt over the next 4 months.

So here is where I start today:
2011 Marathon: 4:32 
Weight: 188.8             
Body Fat %: 15.2%
Shoulders: 46 in
Chest: 37.5 in
Waist: 34 in
Abdominal: 38in
Hip: 41 in
Thigh: 23.5 in
Calf: 16 in
Arm: 12.5 in

April 16, 2012 Goals:
2012 marathon: 4:15
Weight: 172
Body Fat%: 12%

It's going to be a long journey, but today I start that journey with a new approach.  My doubts, fears, and insecurities are here for all to read, but with that my inspirations and motivations.  And who knows maybe over the next 4 months I'll even inspire someone else!

2 comments:

  1. Crap I started a blog do I have to list my weight and measurements. Ugh! Can't wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, let me know where I can read your blog!

    ReplyDelete