Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Simma down, me!

Today was a weigh in day... Up I go, oops!  I weighed in at 186.6 today, almost up a full pound from last week.  I'm not surprised, or disappointed because I know there will be ups and downs and I know I worked my butt off this week.  Unfortunately, I ate like crap.  I blame football season!

I had a great hill run last Wednesday outside on the Hanover campus.  It was a bit cold, but I ended up doing 2 miles of hills.  The plan is to increase it by at least a half mile per week each Wednesday.  Following the hill work out I go into the gym and participate in a 15 minute class.  The class consists of 5 exercises and 5 sets of each.  It's an intense 5 minutes, but well worth it.

Saturday was my first official heartbreak hill run of the marathon season.  I ran along with Amy and her and I killed it!  Katie did awesome too and came in just a few minutes behind us.  It would have been an excellent workout, if I had taken the proper time to recover.  Instead of taking it nice and easy for the rest of the day I ended up at the Patriots/Broncos game.  I'm certainly not complaining, but being on my feet for over 12 hours was killer on my body.  I took a nice slow 3 mile walk on Sunday, and then jumped back into things yesterday.  My foot and left knee disagreed with the amount of time I had given myself to recover.  I'm at that point in my training where the miles go up and the aches and pains start to last a little longer.  I need to be smart about it this year and mentally get over the hurtle that I need to work out every day, twice a day!  Despite the pains I still worked out yesterday morning, ran 3 miles last night, and then took another intense class this morning.  I spent 2 hours at my desk today with an ice pack on my knee.  Lesson learned!  Tomorrow will be an off day at the first sign of pain!

In case I don't blog again before Saturday wish me luck on my 16 miler... my longest run since Boston 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment