Sunday, April 15, 2012

One last Pre-Boston Blog.

First, thank you all for all the concern, kind words, support, and $$ that have gotten me, Katie, and Amy to this point.  Each day as the marathon has gotten closer my outlook on the outcome has changed.  I'm ready to take this on, to be safe, and to just finish the race.  Tomorrow will be one of the hottest Boston Marathon's on record and to one day look back and say I ran in some incredibly challenging circumstances will be a goal all in itself.

Tomorrow's run is more important to me than last year.  I've made this journey with family and I've grown physically and mentally stronger than I have ever been.  Tomorrow is about finishing that chapter of the journey, but not an end.

Tomorrow is about the American Stroke Association and raising awareness and fighting to end stroke.  Tomorrow is about my dad.  Him and I butt heads all the time and very rarely see each other's point of view, but I know how much I mean to him.  Tomorrow is about showing him how much he means to me and how much I appreciate everything he does.

Tomorrow has gone beyond just the cause I've helped raise money for over the past 5 months.  It's about all the people that have told me I've inspired them.  This is my way of continuing to inspire you - finishing the most challenging race of my life!  Let me also say I want to run a full marathon with each and everyone of you!

One last time, Katie - I love you and you're amazing for putting up with me.  I could never have become the man I am today without you by my side.

Finally, if tomorrow were an episode of Double Dare I'd say, "Physical Challenge Accepted."  Now, if only there were pools of green slime and giant peanut butter and jelly sandwiches standing in my way instead of intense heat.

To all the other runners out there - Good luck and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment