Friday, April 6, 2012

Ready to run!

There's only 9 days until the Boston Marathon!  I have very little training left to go and for the first time in a long time I'm mentally ready to crush it!

Today I was driving home from work and all I wanted to do was smile and sing along to the radio.  Work has been on an upswing!  My adjusters have been doing an excellent job getting through their work and have great results to show for it.  My weight is only 1 lb. away from where I want to be the day I run my race.  I'm stronger than I've ever been, and for the first time in my life my stomach has a shape other than round!

I always have my ups and downs and I'm alway my own worst critic, but for the next 9 days I need to just keep reminding myself to stay positive, and no matter what happens on Marathon Monday to be proud of what I've done over the past 5 months.  One thing I know for certain is that if I don't make it under 4 hours this year, I'll do it eventually.  I still have the Marine Corp Marathon in October, and another yet to be determined marathon next year, but I honestly believe this will be my day!

I found an old picture of myself from a few years ago.  I took the picture right before I started a weight loss competition with one of my friends.  My plan was to take a before and after picture, only I never made it to the after picture because I never lost any weight.  I'm debating with wether or not to take a second picture next week and post them side by side.  I've never been one too thrilled to head to the beach or the pool because it meant I'd be exposing my insecurities to the world.  I created this blog to hold myself accountable, and although I don't feel like I'm going to turn any heads, I'd like to post the picture - not as an after, but as a "right now".  I'm closer than I have ever been to the fitness/physical goals I've wanted to accomplish, and this might be one last push that I could use.  Feel free to call me a douche bag now.

I'm not really sure where this blog is going, it had no real direction from the start.  I wanted to share how excited I am for next week and how proud I am to be a part of Tedy's Team.  It's been incredible seeing all the support from family and friends.  With your help we raised right around $17k!  It's a pretty incredible feeling to say that over the past 4 years my family has helped raise over $50k for the American Stroke Association and Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.    I have no plans on stopping anytime soon. It will be nice to run Marine Corp without the extra stress of fundraising, but I'll be right back on the wagon once that's passed.

I have a feeling I'll be sharing a lot next week leading up to the big day.  Don't get sick of me yet...

"I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see,
I ain't as good as I'm gonna get,
But I'm better than I used to be."  Tim McGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment