Thursday, February 9, 2012

A loogie a day keeps the running at bay...

I'm a few days late with this weeks update.  I weighed in this week at 183.6.  I'm considering that a victory considering I ate myself sick with the rest of America on Super Bowl Sunday.  Ah, the Super Bowl - not quite the outcome I was hoping for, but it was an unbelievable game with a disappointing end.  The Patriots gave us one heck of a season!  

Marathon training hit a bit of a snag this week.  I'm fighting a cold that prevented me from my normal Wednesday hill run and my Thursday morning strength training class, but I hit the road again tonight with my buddy from work.  It's nice to get out there and run with new friends, it's a great way to get to know people.  Just a few weeks ago he told me how much he hated to run, now he looks forward to it. I'm not taking the credit, just glad to have another member in the running club.  Next goal - get him and a few others on board for full out marathon training (Damien/Matt)!  

It's been especially nice getting to know people during some of the long Tedy's Team runs.  Last year I met some great people and this year I've been running along side my cousin-in-law, Amy.  It's been really great getting to know her better, especially since Paige and her son, Evan are becoming such great friends.

This was a tough week at work, and I think being sick and skipping out on my normal workouts made it that much more difficult.  As I said my training instills confidence in me which I think spills over into my job.  I'm in a position where I can't have people questioning whether or not I believe in myself, and some days that's difficult.  Good thing I'm lucky enough to come home to a wife that thinks the world of me.  She really does keep me going day in and day out.

This weekend it's another Heartbreak Hill run!  Hopefully I'll leave my cold behind me somewhere in the middle of the hills and next week will start off fresh and snot free!

1 comment: