Monday, February 6, 2012

This one's for Jenn

I'm going to keep this post on the shorter side because tomorrow is my normal blogging day, but today is an important day that I didn't want to pass with out some recognition and gratitude.  3 years ago today my best friend of 18 years, Jenn, passed away from complications of Cystic Fibrosis.

Jenn was an important person in my life, and always will be.  She always knew how to make me laugh and was always there to support me through all the hard times.  The two years before she passed away I was in a rough place, depressed, lost and miserable to everyone around me.  It took losing Jenn to put my life back in prospective.  I hate that I had spent so much time feeling sorry for myself that I missed out on being there for her during her difficult times.

One thing that Jenn always said was that if she could change any part of her life, she wouldn't.  She said that all the difficulties that came with her disease shaped her into the person she became.  She was a strong woman that taught me many lessons.  The most important lesson was that we can't live our life with regrets.  The experiences we live are responsible for making us who we are.

Jenn was such an amazing friend.  My hope is that I can be half the friend she was to me to any of you.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers Dan, well said. I think anyone who knew her, could really feel the impact she had on their lives.

    ReplyDelete